WHEN DO I CLAIM?
You can only claim for natural loss of life if your policy has been active for six months and premiums have been paid. However, if death occurs due to an accident, you can claim immediately after your policy has been activated.
HOW DO I CLAIM?
If someone covered on the policy passes away, you or your nominated beneficiary can visit the Solace Office or the nearest UFS parlour to submit the claim.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A CLAIM TO BE PROCESSED?
All valid claims will be assessed within 48hours after all the required claim documents have been submitted.
The following documents must be submitted during the claim process:
- Fully completed Claim Form
- Certified copy of the death certificate or LC1 Letter
- Certified copies of proof of identity of the claimant
- Certified copies of proof of identity of the policy holder
- Certified copies of proof of relationship to policy holder for dependants claim
- Policy Documents
- Hospital form/file (For hospital death)
WHEN WILL A CLAIM NOT BE VALID?
- A claim will not be valid when death occurs in the following instances:
- Invasion or act of foreign policy
- Hostilities (whether war is declared or not) or unrest
- War, riot or acts of terrorism
- Injuries arising while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and diseases/Conditions as a result of excessive use of alcohol or drugs other than as prescribed by a medical practitioner
- Involvement in criminal activity
- Suicide within the first twenty-four(24) months following the commencement date
- The effects of radioactivity or nuclear explosion
- Accidental Death as a result of riot, private flying, hazardous sports or any illegal acts where the deceased was directly involved.